2017 MSI Annual Meeting - Sweden
When: May 4 - 15, 2017
The MSI annual meeting will include travel to three of the most hospitable areas for growing magnolias in Sweden: Malmö, Uppsala and Gothenburg. Sweden has the highest per capita membership in MSI of any country, and you will have the chance to mingle with several of those magnoliaphiles. You will also get to see firsthand the many stunning accessions on display in public and private gardens, some of the latter being opened exclusively for us.
If your travel and time budget do not allow you to attend all of the days and cities, you have options to select only those locations of most interest to you.
For more information on the 2017 MSI Annual Meeting, click here!
Keep an eye on your email inbox and postal mail box.
REGISTRATION BEGINS IN NOVEMBER 2016.
Registration has been extended until Sept. 30, 2016!
This Symposium will provide an international forum for academics, researchers and amateurs to exchange ideas in the field of biology of magnolias and related topics.
- When: November 29 to December 2, 2016; Optional post-tour (open to Symposium participants only).
Where: Varadero, Cuba
- Who: Presented by Magnolia Society International, the Cuban Botanical Society and Planta!, the plantlife conservation society.
- For more information on the Third International Symposium: http://magnolia.planta.ngo/
- Members Only: The MSI Journal archives are now online. Peruse all issues dating back to 1963!
- Shop for Magnolias - worldwide! Check out our list of magnolia suppliers around the world.
- Kew released Magnolias in Art and Cultivation, written by Barbara Oozeerally and Jim Gardiner with botanical descriptions by Stephen A. Spongberg. Special offer: MSI members receive up to 20% off and free shipping.
Upcoming meetings of interest
2017 Annual Meeting
Magnolia Society International
May 4 - 15, 2017 in Sweden
3rd International Symposium on the Family Magnoliaceae, Nov 29 - Dec 2, 2016 in Cuba
Learn About Magnolias
Get advice on selecting magnolias and a list of magnolia resources online.
Consult the latest thinking on the genera and species that make up the Magnolia family.