Join us in Philadelphia!
The Magnolia Society International 2016 Annual Meeting will be held for 3 full days in one of the richest botanical areas in the world: the Delaware River Valley in and around Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA. Included in the itinerary are field trips to 5 of the most well renowned local botanical institutions plus visits to 2 premier nurseries with large selections of magnolias – where plants will be available for sale! Click here for more information. We will even have the privilege of hearing from James Gardiner, Executive Vice President of the Royal Horticultural Society.
- As a lasting reminder of this outstanding meeting, each attendee will receive a custom-designed T-shirt with a rendition of the beautiful Magnolia ‘Coral Lake’ painting by Susan Mintun seen above.
- Watch this website and your mail in the next month or so for the registration materials.
- Meanwhile, Save the Dates! April 8 – 11, 2016
- Members Only: The MSI Journal archives are now online. Peruse all issues dating back to 1963!
- Shop for Magnolias - worldwide! Check out our list of magnolia suppliers around the world.
- Kew released Magnolias in Art and Cultivation, written by Barbara Oozeerally and Jim Gardiner with botanical descriptions by Stephen A. Spongberg. Special offer: MSI members receive up to 20% off and free shipping.
we are sad to report
Noted breeder, Dennis Ledvina, died in Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA. We will develop and post an overview of this noted breeder and his accomplishments. In the meantime, please follow this link:
Learn About Magnolias
Get advice on selecting magnolias and a list of magnolia resources online.
Consult the latest thinking on the genera and species that make up the Magnolia family.
Ethan, Greenhouse and Nursery Manager at Smithgall Woodland Garden, hosted our 2014 annual meeting in Athens, Georgia. Meet Ethan and see what draws him to the world of magnolias, including his favorite -- M. kwangtungensis.